Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cold nights and Hot Springs!

Great news!  I have kicked the 24 hr stomach flu!  It was brutal.  Word is, it is going around the PIT!!!  (The Pit is the campground Chad and I are at.  It literally, is a pit.)  I have talked to some people, and it sounds like they had it worse then I did.  That sucks, because what I had was terrible. 

Climbed at the Buttermilks two days ago.  They are amazing.  I like the style of climbing there a lot more then the Happys and Sads.  Although, the Happys and Sads are fun too.  There are so many boulder problems I want to get back on.  Each area has it's own special characteristic. 

I guess it is to be expected:  There are hordes of strong people here.  Figures a world class bouldering destination would attract some of the best climbers.  It is amazing and humbling.  Boulders' walk up and onsight V8's that I am trying.  Everyone I have met is nice, so far.  The strangest people are the Europeans.  But, that is usually the case. 

Needless to say, the mercury has dipped into the single digits the past nights.  That is cold!  They are especially brutal after a day of bouldering in the sun.  Chad and I will return from climbing, start to make dinner and freeze!!!  It is a battle to stay awake and entertain oneself at the campground.  I am often in my tent by 8, and probably asleep before 9!!!  What!!!

We bumped into friends Chad made on his last trip here.  They invited us over for a Thanksgiving fire cookout!  It was great.  Chad and I splurged and bought steaks.  Cameal and Nate, (Chads friends), made more then enough sides.  We had sauteed potato's, casserole, and stuffing made with leftover jalapeno bagels.  It was a great treat. 

The remainder of Cameal's crew showed up on Friday.  We climbed with them yesterday in the Sads.  After climbing and dinner, we all went to the Hot Springs near Mammoth.  The Hot Springs were amazing.  Picture this, 8 men and 4 girls, naked in a hot spring surrounded by mountains and snow.  The Hot Spring is 30 miles north of Bishop.  Heading North on 395 you pass elevation markers: 5000, 6000, finally 7000.  Much colder at those elevations.  Bishop is at 4130.  It was fun. 

Before I forget.  Wednesday night.  To escape the cold, Chad and I went to the Bishop bowling alley.  This place has amazing burgers!  The restaurant/bar is inside the alley.  While having dinner, Chad and I saw the worst public display of affection.  Affection isn't even the correct word.  Between passing out on her partner, scratching her hypodermic needle scars and being fondled, this decrepit mentally unstable woman was OBSCENE!!!  Her man friend, equally as repulsive was loving every moment of it.  When she would pass out, he would slap her sagging breasts to wake her up.  She would proceed to kiss him, (almost vomited in my mouth thinking about this), jump up and down... not sure why.  After a while, they decided to leave.  When he man got up to leave the woman refused to.  The man says, "your embarrassing me."  What!  There entire scene was embarrassing and repulsive.  Then she replies, "I don't give a fuck!"  Oh my lord!!!  Did I mention the restaurant was full of families, including children!  

Well, I will leave you with a beard update, via picture I just took at the coffee shop.  Hope all is well.  Things are looking better, weather wise. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment