Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sounds of a Fiddle

Currently, I am sitting in the middle of Miguels parking lot.  Chad is practicing the fiddle and we are beginning to cook dinner.  The rice is simmering, onions, sausage and chic peas are sauteing!  Needless to say we made it!

We left Plymouth at 930am on Monday.  Arrived at Miguels 545am this morning.  We got 3 hours of sleep, met up with our friend Tim (yes, Greenberg!), and climbed all day.  I punted on my onsight attempt of "Way Up Yonder!" (5.12a)  It is a seriously pumpy endouro route!  It is so much fun!  I re-redpointed/amnesia flashed  "Stay the Hand." (5.12a) Chad and Tim were working it. 






The road was full of good times!  We found out the way, that toll booth workers do not appreciate pennies!  I decided to pay our $2.45 toll with a combination of dimes, nickles, and 35 cents worth of pennies!  Upon handing the awkward mass to the attendant, she slyly replied, "you don't tip waitresses with pennies!"  She was not thrilled and Chad and I had a chuckle as we pulled away.  And yes, she made us wait while she counted it all!

Mid-way through Pennsylvania we received a text from Tim.  He informed us that he was catching some zzzz's at the WalMart in Morgantown, West Virginia!  Chad and I instantly knew were going there to rouse him in the night! We arrived at the WalMart around midnight.  Aptly, we awoke Tim, insistently making fun of him!

After we had our fun with Tim, we went grocery shopping at the WalMart.  After making our selections, we were forced to go to the only cashier that was open.  The cash register that also sold cigarettes!  At the time we arrived, there were two, classy (I say that jokingly), looking gentlemen in front of us.  While waiting for the cashier to finish counting her drawer.  The most outlandish looking of the two, was a man (probably 25).  His face was black, I can only assume from working in a coal mine or on automobiles.  His shirt had an arrow on his chest.  The arrow pointed to his face, underneath the arrow pointing up, it proclaimed, "The Man!"  Aptly placed below that, was another arrowing pointing to his johnson.  This one read; "The LEGEND!"  Refraining from laughing we emptied our cart onto the conveyor belt.  Looking up after finishing, the line had grown ten deep behind us.  Noticing this, the manager opened up the next lane.  She said, "I can take anyone over here that isn't buying cigarettes..."  NO ONE MOVED!!!  

First day down.  I feel calm and relaxed.  It is a great feeling, knowing that I am going to wake up and climb tomorrow.  The red is an amazing place! I enjoy the climbing here immensely!  The feeling within me now is hard to explain.  All I know is that it is euphoric.  There is something tranquil about writing this blog by headlamp, tired after a day of climbing at the RED, and knowing I am going to do it all over again tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. You are the man... I want your body you sexy piece of man meat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great start. Keep it goin!

    ReplyDelete