Monday, December 13, 2010

Interesting Tan line!

So, it has just occurred to me.  That, at some point in the future when I shave my beard, I am going to have a reverse goggle tan.  It is sunny on the west coast.  I have a thick beard.  I am getting tan.  The sun light doesn't penetrate my beard.  Therefore, I am going to have a fascinating tan line after I shave. 

The time spent in Bishop went too fast.  Was I having that much fun?  Must have been.  It seemed like Chad and I were only there for a week.  In fact, we had been there for three weeks.  Most notable sends in Bishop:  Flash of Solarium V4, Flash of Mister Witty V6, The Hulk V6, High Plains Drifter V7, and Soul Slinger Right V8.   

It can be said, that we left NH, a state that borders the Atlantic Ocean, and drove all the way to the Pacific Ocean.  Chad and I gave his girlfriend Jenny a ride to Ventura, California.  She is visiting a family that she used to nanny for.  They are a nice couple.  The mother Dianne just began a job working for Patagonia and Sacha is an independent graphic designer.  Their son Amato, is an over energetic smart 3 1/2 year old.  I wanted to steel their dog Emma!  She was the sweetest dog (next to Josh Cooper's dog Layla (Shes my girl)). 


Amato and Emma enjoying my sleeping corridors
Diane and Sacha were great hosts.  They kept apologizing for the lack of furniture.  They had just moved  from Boulder, CO.  It was quite alright and it was nice to sleep indoors for once!  Their house was the first place I had slept indoors for weeks.  We spent some time checking out Ventura.  It is a beach community for sure.  Tattoo parlors, board shops and blonds!  We walked the beach and had some tacos!  If you are ever in Ventura and you want cheap Patagonia clothing, go to Really Cheap Sports.  They sell Patagonia gear cheap!  It's still expensive but not as much. 

Vegas is Vegas.  The climbing is really fun. But, to have fun in Vegas you need to have money to spend.  It is still fun to walk around and see the sights and sounds.  The other night, while walking around, I met a real hooker.  She began to yell and Tim and I from across the street.  She came over to me and introduced herself.  I can't remember her name.  She put out two fingers and asked me my name.  Upon telling her, she motioned for me to shake her hand.  With her two fingers in my hand she did a curtsy and said, "pleasure to meet you Emile.  Where are we going to do this thing?"  At that point I informed her that I was looking for a place to eat and that was all.  She instantly started to tell me all of her favorite places to eat.  She was nice, but a real life hooker. 





We've sport climbed the past few days and went bouldering today.  The bouldering is really fun, but I wouldn't commit an entire trip here to it.  We plan on doing a day in the canyons, climbing the bigger stuff.  We won't be able to do anything super classic and long because of the temperatures.  It is warm at the crags, but cold up in the canyons. 

There is a strong chance that Chad and I will stop in Horseshoe Canyon Ranch. It is in Arkansa.  We have herd a lot of good things about it, and it is on our way back.  We plan on driving I-40.  If we take that route. I will have driven I-80, I-90, I-70, and I-40 across the country. 

I find this trip to be surreal.  In the fact that, I haven't worked in almost two months and I was able to pack up and leave my life behind.  Or is this my life?  It is a hard thing to determine.  I would like to be able to do this again next year.  At the same time, the thought of working in a restaurant in NH or anywhere for that matter is depressing.  However, that is the only industry that affords me the luxury of travel.  I hope, one day to be able to determine what I want to do.  I hope I am not destined to be perpetually perplexed. 

At the present moment, I don't see myself doing anything different.  All I know is this:  I have an epic beard, I am enjoying a Mammoth Brewing Company's Epic IPA, I am about to make some dinner, and I would like to travel some more this winter.  Maybe I will go to Spain or France, or maybe visit my friends in Asheville.  At this point, there is nothing stopping me from anything. I like that feeling.  I wish I could find a "real" job that would afford me this.



The view from Dianne and Sacha's place in Ventura.  You can't see it, but the ocean is down there.



 

1 comment:

  1. Come visit your friends in Asheville! We will discuss matters of life over hoppy beer while Layla keeps you company on my air mattress.

    ReplyDelete